Briony here… just popping in quickly to introduce a new member of the Anna’s Family – Kathy Tanner! Kathy is our Card Specialist, highlighting the gorgeous My Favourite Things range which includes stamps, dies and paper pads.
Here are a few words from Kathy…
“Hi 🙂 My name is Kathy Tanner and I’m so excited to be creating cards for Anna’s Craft Cupboard!!!
I live in Hobart and I have always been very crafty, in a good way of course 🙂
I have done cross-stitch, knitting, paper tole and a few other things but now I focus purely on Scrapbooking and Cardmaking.
I really love stamping and colouring images especially. I find it very relaxing and therapeutic.
And then I love using those images with papers and other crafty goodies to create a card to brighten someone’s day.
I’d say my style is usually Clean and Simple.
I like to keep the focus on the stamped image. And I just try to let the creativity flow and see what happens 🙂
My craft room is proof of that! It is always a huge mess, I have papers and stuff everywhere!!!
I started my blog Stamping Still
in 2010 to share my cards with others and I have worked for a number of Design Teams. I am currently on the team at CC Designs Stamps.
I am so lucky to be able to use some of the fabulous goodies available at Anna’s and to share my love of stamping.”
We are so excited to have Kathy join us – she has such a gorgeous talent in both scrapbooking and card making and I am positive she will inspire many of you!
So! Now I will hand you over to Kathy to share her first creation!
Hi! Kathy here. I’m so excited to be able to share some cards I’ve made using the adorable stamp set Strike Up The Band by My Favourite Things.
I just LOVE this set SO much!!! These bunnies are super cute and so fun to colour and play around with. The set comes with lots of fabulous sentiments and they can be used for so many different occasions.
I also used the MFT Strike Up The Band Die-namics Die which makes things so much quicker and easier when you have a lot of images to cut out.
I wanted to make giving a gift card a bit more special, so I made this Pop Up Gift Card Holder.
These are the instructions if you’d like to give it a try!
- Cut 2 pieces of paper 4 x 5.5” and score at 1,2 and 3” on the short side.
- Apply strong adhesive tape on the 1” sections on the correct side of the paper at the top and bottom of one piece.
- Attach this scored piece to inside of card aligning at centre score line. (Mine is attached to bottom of dark star piece)
- You are folding this over and around to make a little “step”.
- Align other end of scored piece at centre of card base and adhere to other half of card. (Mine is attached to top of white piece).
This is how it should look from the side.
- On the second piece of paper, only attach approx. 2cm of tape at top and bottom of one edge. And then attach tape to top and bottom of other edge as in previous piece.
- Attach this scored paper (the edge with the 2cm tape on it) to the front of first attached piece aligning at base.
- Then fold over and align end of scored piece at base and adhere to card base. (Making a second “step” which is attached to the first).
The gift card simply slides into the slot between the 2 attached “steps”.
The pop up holder is now complete and ready to decorate!
I coloured the rabbits and used the dies to cut them out.
This is such a time saver and they look neater too!!!
And for the rabbits on the inside of the card I cut out an extra rabbit shape from white card and attached it to the back of the coloured bunnies. It looks cleaner and gives them a little extra strength and support to stand up smartly.
The inside sentiment is a stamp from the Strike Up The Band set and so are the drum and trumpet.
The card does end up being a little bulky because of the gift card and all the fun stuff happening on the inside of it. So it is best to tie it closed somehow. You could tie a nice bow with ribbon or use a elastic band but I’ve just tied mine with some twine.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial!
And you definitely must check out the My Favourite Things section at Anna’s. There are just so many CUTE and FUN things to play with!